The concept of skin peeling by chemicals to beautify the skin has been used since time immemorial.
It makes the use of defined strength of medical grade chemical solutions to cause controlled destruction of the layers of the skin that is follwed by regeneration and remodelling,with improvement of skin texture and reveal a healthier layer of skin beneath.
Chemical peels are generally used to treat the skin on the face, below the eyes, neck, underarms, back, and sometimes, hands.There are also full body peels.
• wrinkles and fine lines
• sun damage
• acne scars
• uneven skin tone or redness
• Facial rejuvenation
• open pores
Chemical peels are classified into three categories:
• Superficial peels exfoliate the upper layers of your skin, known as the epidermal layers. They generally use AHA and BHA.They require 4 to 6 applications that are applied at least 2 to 4 weeks apart to prevent damage and give your skin time to heal.
• Medium-depth peels reach the upper layers of the dermis.These treatments generally use 30% to 50% TCA. These peels may be performed every few to several months.
• Deep peels reach to the deeper layers of dermis and use high concentration TCA (more than 50 percent) or a chemical called PHENOL. They can only be applied once in your lifetime
The different types of peels are
• Salicylic acid peel
• Glycolic acid peel
• Yellow peel
• Cosmelan peel
• Black peel
• Glow peel
• Anti-aging peel
Benefits of Chemical peels
Superfacial peels are lunch time peels with no downtime.
Relatively safe and cost effective.
• Post inflammatory hyperpigmentation
• Lightening of the skin
• Scarring more common with deep peels and permanent